Let’s talk to each other, for once … rationally, and w/o hate and anger. Vultures are gathering but we need a rational discussion between those who want to be rational rather than use manipulative methods, call names, anger their opposition, and make accusations.
Please give us your comments. Here are mine. I’m guilty of being angry and emotional over this issue, but here, I’ll monitor them, yet allow both sides ….. as long as they’re respectful of others.
- Here, I ask the most relevant and important question, which is actually NOT about gun control: Are we to turn over our children to the state to educate them, or for any purpose? …. where we cannot protect them ….. where we are not there to oversee what they’re taught, right or wrong … where children can become bullies, …. where they can be gathered together for a mass tragedy to take place like at Sandy Hook? Is that how God intended us to raise our children? It is not! Turn to scripture for the answers on how to raise your children. No matter how perfect the government of man is, turning them over to the state, … is a recipe for disaster!
- I don’t remember the name of the General of Japan who said (at the end of WWII hostilities) that the ONLY reason America had not been invaded, was because of the massive number of weapons owned by the general public. America has violent and irrational enemies … enemies domestic or foreign who hate freedom and would snatch it away. This a rational and relevant reason to keep weapons in the home.
- It is government that has the largest potential to become tyrannical; our keeping weapons was our forefather’s method of insuring that would not happen here, as it has throughout history to others; that too is rational and relevant.
- Police response time is not always as quick as we would like it to be. Until the end, the responsibility to protect our families, and our neighbors, is on us; we become the first responders in all too many instances!
- Though some would have it this way if they could, we cannot live rationally, by sticking our heads in the sand and ignoring that there is tragedy and evil in the world.
- Children raised with guns in the home, are much more respectful when the parents are responsible. It’s one of the ways of responsibly teaching children …. (This from a man who as a boy was raised in a home w/o guns …. was never trained … nor paid attention to and subsequently had an accident with my uncle’s gun ancient and unsafe rifle, which went off w/o pulling the trigger.)
= = = = =