You’ve heard it … what does the phrase “Nero Fiddled” mean? Maybe it was in a movie that I heard this so early on, or was it part of my education?
Remembering that phrase, I envisioned Emperor Nero atop his very own “white house” totally insane . . . laughing, fiddling away, watching the rising flames, whilst Rome burned below! Finally, the structure he was standing upon collapsed, killing him.
This “word picture” was created to convey a concept, but we’ve lost sight of it.
I contend that we see it before our very eyes now . . .
It’s not about just the head-man – – the Emperor; it’s true of every citizen …
I contend too, that we’re all culpable. Every person is distracted! Every person is so involved – trying to rectify his/her own hot-button, his/her particular problem . . . we cannot see the raging firestorm in the forest, which now surrounds us.
When all America’s “polar opposites” gather, making alliances amongst themselves, ignoring what they hate about each other . . . we’d best pay attention. Something’s up!
• Feminists have joined with those who currently oppress women!
• LGBT rights activists have joined with those who hurl gays from rooftops!
• Anarchists have joined with totalitarians, despots looking to enslave.
• Leftists radicals (though their philosophy is godless) have joined with Islamic fundamentalists.
• Radical, calling themselves “the 99%”, have joined the Mega-wealthy George Soros!
• Those who long to die for their god … killing, for their 72 virgins, have joined with those who live for their “party-time.”
We’re all culpable, because we’re so myopically focused, we cannot see!
Writers for the 60’s movie “Butterflies Are Free” included the line: “There are none so blind as those who will not see!”
It is End Times and right now … we’re all consumed with our own “causes” … … …
* Progressives fight conservatives
* Anti-legalizers, protecting children, fight drug use.
* Christians fight Satan’s aborting innocents.
* Constitution originalists fight judges’ activism.
* Historians fight historical revisionism.
We see the enemy’s goal – the destruction of the US!
There is, as Reagan said, “nowhere else to run to!” We’re down to … either war or Armageddon!
Wait . . . Armageddon is war!
According to the Bible, (the book of prophesies which has never been wrong) when it comes to the final war, we’re not mentioned – are we out of the picture ‘cause we’ve been defeated already?
All it says is the entire world marches on Israel!