Before we play the blame game, … accept that we are a divided and troubled nation and need a major “fix”. I contend, that maybe, … we should look at history and see if there’s an indication of where we could be headed.
Having heard the charges by both sides, but being a former “Poly-Sci major”, back when I was a leftist, I first went to Wikipedia to confirm the definition of FASCISM and just as I thought … Bingo! Thing is though, … Fascism is oft thought to be from the “right wing.” It doesn’t need to be; it can be either! Educated people know that; “Re-Distribution of Wealth” is Left … Socialism or Communism, but fascism can manifest in either camp … LEFT or RIGHT!
Hoping above hope, I pray this is not where we’re headed as a nation, … yet I submit this to you for your consideration. These below, are the core tenets of Fascism:
- Nationalism – Like it or not, good or bad, one could call the belief in “American Exceptionalism” was the rise of nationalism . . .
- Class warfare – No president in history has been so divisive, used class warfare so pronounced, and like it or not, … against the will of the people, Big Brother is pushing his way into our lives!
- Dictatorship – Obama’s style of ruling, would qualify:
- “Massive number of regulations,
- executive order,
- a 23,000 page confusing law, all written in legalese”
- Single party state – except for Republican control of the “House”, one could say that Dems control with an almost 1 party dominance.
- Mixed Economy – Our stock market is soaring, corporations are making massive, record profits, yet annual household income is plummeting and the disparity between the wealthy and the poor is accelerating.
- Militarism – Who can deny the U.S. (cops of the world) is militaristic? Certainly, we meet Bing’s description: Militarism is “the belief or desire of a government or people that a country should maintain a strong military capability and be prepared to use it aggressively to … Except for the people’s outrage, recently, we almost, also became involved in Syria.
- Totalitarianism – This a term used by some political scientists to describe a political system in which the state holds total authority over the society and seeks to control all aspects of public and private life wherever possible
- Confrontational Direct Action – From Union members, La Raza, to drug legalization groups, each new splinter group is marching in the streets to get their own complaints aired.
- Third Position – Anarchy, Nazism, Libertarian, Constitutionalists, … any number of “political movements” are flourishing as ‘the answer’.
- New Man – This a utopian concept that proffers the creation of a new ideal human being or citizen replacing un-ideal human beings or citizens. The meaning of a New Man has widely varied and various alternatives have been suggested by a variety of religions and political ideologies, including communism, liberalism, fascism, and utopian socialism.
- Imperialism – This is the root of the charge of Islam against the U.S. Many nations have charged that America is Imperialistic. The Dictionary of Human Geography, defines Imperialism as “an unequal human and territorial relationship, usually in the form of an empire, based on ideas of superiority and practices of dominance, and involving the extension of authority and control of one state or people over another
It takes knowledge of people’s lives, to control them. This new Obamacare gives the government access to every aspect of people’s lives.
Spying, … garners the info people hope to hide …
We cannot allow a desire for altruism drive us into evil behavior, yet each side charges that of the other … The Constitution served us well … I contend it’s our only hope ….. politically.