Secular humanists, liberals, and libertarians resenting religious guidelines suggest hypocritically how you and I should live, … in other words, “they’re at it again!”
This time, it’s under the auspices of the United Nations (which means, your tax money was used) to tell us again, what is good for us.
Of course, George Soros, the “Daddy WarBucks” of the drug-legalization movement, (through his Open Society Foundations) is also involved, even with funding.
Wonder why? As stated in his book “Soros on Soros” he wants to control the supply of (now illicit) drugs – – – another way to make more money and exploit the lost George?
CNS News reported that it would help in the fight against AIDS / HIV to get rid of “punitive” laws against IV drug use and prostitution – – – (their code word for “prostitution” is: “consensual sex work”.
Soros funds things like this on his own; he also uses governmental entities hoping it will carry more weight when his agenda-driven Media lackeys promote it.
George believes that drugs and prostitution (including same-sex encounters) do not harm others – an anathema to those engaged in police work! His commission called these laws “bad laws.” George needs to do a “ride-along” with the police of America for a few months!
Somehow, George’s commission ignored the collateral damage from violent and non-violent crime committed under the influence, the diseases and injuries, and the sex trafficking of young women and girls, so prevalent now, all over the world.
The commission says 116 countries and territories have punitive laws against sex work and 80 countries or territories have some legal protections for “sex workers.” (Note their code word usage.)
Dr. Janice Crouse, the director of the Beverly LaHaye Institute at Concerned Women for America in Washington, D.C., took a public stand against this report. She stated:
- “The sad fact is in every instance where prostitution has been legalized, illegal prostitution has flourished.”
- The sex traffickers want it legalized because they gain far more traction with their own illegal activities anytime that is the case – it’s happened in Germany, it happened in Amsterdam, it’s been shown over and over again.”
- Linking the elimination of laws against “sex work” with AIDS is a cop out, according to Crouse, because it ignores the role of behavior change and personal responsibility.
- “It’s fascinating to me the way they (the report’s authors) dance around to avoid addressing the issue of behavior and to avoid the issue of consequences of promiscuity,” Crouse said.
- “This is an example; they don’t want anything that would suggest to anybody that they ought to curb their sexual behavior. They don’t want anything to curb anybody’s enjoyment of sexual activity without consequences and all of this is an attempt to mainstream behaviors and then deal with the consequences — and that plan does not work.”
I’d add that there’s also ‘collateral damage’ when considering the mental and physical harm done from abortion as well.
Link for picture: http://www.mrc.org/support/truth2012
The U.N.-backed commission interviewed prostitutes, activists and public health advocates in 140 countries across the world to come to its conclusions.
Not unlike Soros’ methods, of course, . . . they ignored interviewing anyone with an opposing opinion.
Read the entirety of this article here. By Amanda Swysgood // July 23, 2012