It’s reported that last night, legendary singer Tony Bennett performed a “tribute” to the late Whitney Houston who died yesterday afternoon in Hollywood from what looks like it was possibly a fatal drug overdose.
At the end of Bennett’s tribute, according to a Canadian media source, he said the following:
“First it was Michael Jackson, then Amy Winehouse, now, the magnificent Whitney Houston. Let’s legalize drugs like they did in Amsterdam. No one’s hiding or sneaking around corners to get it. They go to a doctor to get it.”
Memo to Bennett: Jackson died of an overdose of propofol administered by his doctor who is now in jail for involuntary manslaughter. Winehouse, according to her autopsy report, died of acute alcohol poisoning, likely related to the empty vodka bottles found at the scene of her death.
Thus far, the only drugs reportedly found in Houston’s hotel room yesterday are “Lorazepam, Valium, Xanax, and a sleeping medication,” according to a law enforcement source cited by the media.
Those drugs are all prescription drugs, likely prescribed by a doctor. It’s likely that Tony Bennett left more than his heart in San Francisco – most likely, ….. his brain!