Guess who said this:
“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure.
- It is a sign that the US Government can not pay its own bills.
- It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s, reckless fiscal policies.
- Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally.
- Leadership means that the buck stops here.
- Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren.
- America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.
- Americans deserve better.”
— Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006 —