Yes; it’s conjecture, but if this follows the pattern, the trend other revolutions have, what’s likely is that the radical terrorist connected Muslim Brotherhood will seize control.
If that happens, there will be violence and assassinations of candidates unacceptable to the terrorists. Lord willing, it will not but that also fits the pattern.
It could be that the leader of the military will allow elections, then be elected. He is the one who came into Tahrir Square and congratulated the people after the announcement that Mubarak stepped down ….. More important to recognize is: he’s the one who decided that the military would not fire on the people when he first came into the protestor’s revolution gathering. As such, he’s probably beloved and a shoe-in for the election.
- is he …. was he, …. the U.S. choice for being the new Mubarak?
- if he is, will he give more freedom?
- or will it be an illusion?
- was he the one who coordinated the release of the prisoners?
- If so, he is probably connected with the Muslim Brotherhood …. probably.
- or, …. is he connected to the Muslim Brotherhood?
- if he is, will Saudi Arabia be next?
- if he is, with the Muslim Brotherhood, will he turn the guns we provided, on Israel?