In most quarters, to give one’s nation’s secret military information to one’s enemy, is considered “treason”!
WikiLeaks exposed that President Obama gave away Great Britian’s (our ally) secrets to facilitate garnering Russia’s participation in the new Start Treaty, (which, I believe, has any number of serious, questionable flaws).
To give away another nation’s military info, is not treason; rather it’s classified as “spying”.
Some, accuse other presidents of both stupidity and treason, FDR, Wilson, and even Clinton. None have been accused openly resulting in prosecution ….. Maybe we need to look at the technology that’s traded hands. Recently, businesses have been accused …..
- That America used Britian’s nuclear secrets as a bargaining chip for the Start Treaty, also sheds new light on just how dangerous President Obama truly is!
- Defense analysts correctly claim the agreement, (to give another nation’s secrets away), risked undermining our accepted policy of national security – “Mutually Assurred Destruction”.
- Our confirming the exact size of England’s nuclear arsenal, to Russia, (though no longer considered a viable enemy by many – an evaluation, which is bogus yet constantly “sold as valid” to the population) is more than just a serious breach of trust!
WikiLeaks: Obama exposed as destroying America’s credibility!
- WikiLeaks reveals that America spied on England’s Foreign Office ministers, … that America embarked on – gathering gossip on their private lives and professional relationships.
- Did we, … or rather, how did we use that information?
More Important Questions!
- Is President Barack Obama’s commitment to abolition of nuclear weapons, based on idealism?
- Or, does his recent obvious hate and recent subsequent snubs of Great Britain, have deeper, psychological roots? (In his book, “Dreams From My Father“, Obama revealed his resentment toward England, came from his grandfather’s having been tortured by the British.)
- Where international security is concerned, should this not lead one to question his lack of wisdom and judgment!
- Is Obama playing out his own personal anger, on an incredibly dangerous international stage?
Details of the behind-the-scenes talks on the Start Teaty were contained in more than 1,400 US embassy cables published to date by London’s Telegraph, (including almost 800 sent from the London Embassy, which are published online today.) The documents also show that:
- President Obama’s arms control policy, as other nations, is rooted in the doctrine of Mutual Assured Destruction, (MAD), “(if you destroy us, … even by a first strike, we’ll still be able to subsequently destroy you).
- “MAD” was the successful concept that kept the super-powers (and therefore the world’s population) from nuclear war.
- In a two-super-power-world, England had our backs
- This new revelation by WikiLeaks, regarding the Start Treaty violates England’s secrets and potentially, and possibly permanently, scuttles that ‘relationship’.
- In light of MAD’s success, is Obama’s goal for abolishing nuclear power rational?
- Is not our national security, (therefore the New START treaty), not still rooted in MAD?
What we’re not told is:
- Is the Obama administration subverting our national security, and
- if so, why?
- and, even though the concept of MAD had/has serious problems, it worked …. so far. And, possibly most important,
- What national security (MAD) to be replaced with!
= = = = =
Much of my ‘thesis’ / article, owes it’s thanks to my having read Amanda Kempa’s recent, brilliant article, yet focused differently, … I found it took me in a different direction and therefore came to a somewhat related, but different conclusion.
Amanda Kempa holds a PhD in modern history from Oxford University. She is a former fellow at the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard University, and is currently a research scholar at Johns Hopkins University’s School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS).