President Obama talks of fiscal responsibility and at the same time, back home, congress is firing up the machine to put forth another massive spending bill – this time, it’s a budget of $3,600,000,000,000 just as filled with pork and earmarks as the stimulus and bailouts.
All the while, behind the closed doors, they’re still printing more and more money, as if that helped.
Printing money does not increase wealth; the pie is still the same size! Printing money devalues what wealth exists!
Those on fixed incomes, those retired and on cost-of-living raises (an oxy-moron if there ever was one) are the ones to be hurt the most, but as in the Weimer Republic, where people had to take wheelbarrows of money to purchase a loaf of bread, . . . . everyone will suffer.
ECON 101: Money is made by:
- Production and/or sale of goods.
- Service to those who have made money by production of, sale of, or employment by manufacturing goods.
A couple questions . . . . for you to ask our President, at the next Town Hall:
- Did you ever know of anyone who was poor who hired others?
- If everyone works for the government, who produces goods which pay for our overseas deficit? Or for health costs? Or electricity after the Cap ‘n Trade raises the rates?
- Even the wealthy slaveowners, . . . . did they pay in script that could be spent somewhere other than the company store?